Erik's SportsCards of Dover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal introductions

+3
MisterT
Texas Brave Ranger13
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Personal introductions Empty Personal introductions

Post  Admin Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:52 pm

First I want to thank the many regular customers that have continued to purchase from me once ebay started eliminating case and box breaks. Your support is very appreciated.

I believe that trust and customer service are a driving force in who you buy your cards from online. My feedback on ebay has been 100% with zero negative and I'm a top rated seller. But those are just simple things. They don't tell you who I am. So, since we will be doing business together, hopefully for some time to come, I thought it would be good to give you a little backround on me. Just so you might feel like you know me a little better.

I've been a sports fan all my life. Grew up a New York Jets and Mets fan for as long as I can remember (unfortunately not long enough to remember Super Bowl III). I've collected cards on and off since I was 8. Way too many cards have come and gone and unfortunately many were due to improper care, but that will be another topic all together. Besides being a sports fan, I did play baseball and football at least on and off up until about 19. At that point I pretty much had to give up on the dream of being a star, as I just didn't have the skill set to move on to any higher level. I went to college (The University of Pittsburgh) to study Pharmacy. It was an amazing 5 years. For a kid who grew up in a very small town (East Bangor PA), population 1000, going to the city was a big culture shock. But it helped me grow so much as a person. I loved my time in Pittsburgh and miss it tremendously.

I've been a pharmacist since 1989 and have worked in several chains and have moved up in two different companies into district manager positions. I'm now comfortably back into and independent pharmacy and loving the customer interaction again.

From a family perspective I married an amazing woman 14 years ago, who to this day is still the perfect partner for me. We have three perfectly wonderful daughters who although they are perfect in my eye, don't really enjoy sports the way I do. But they are good kids that do well in school and are respectful, intelligent and fun to be around. They make live so worth living.

So, anyway, back to cards. Like I said I collected back in the 70's and early 80's then stopped until the early to mid 90's. That time period I really got crazy with collecting. Unfortunately it was a bad time for the card business. Everything was way overproduced. It left a very bad taste in my mouth. I didn't collect again regularly until about 2004 when Larry Fitzgerald entered the NFL. Looking for his cards gave me the bug again and I've been hooked since. About a year ago, I created my own side business to help offset the cost of collecting. I love doing the breaks. It's time consuming and I don't make much money at it, but I do get to do my hobby frequently and interact with some great people.

Hope that gives you a little insight into me. Feel free to introduce yourselves to your fellow break buyers and posters here.

Good luck in our upcoming breaks. Please don't ever hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you all so much!
Erik
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dovercards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Personal introductions Empty Re: Personal introductions

Post  Texas Brave Ranger13 Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Greg Holland here, and I've collected off and on since the mid 80's. Been married for 15+ years and, I too, have 3 amazing children...3, 6, 10 (boy, boy, girl)...Thank God my kids love baseball as much as I do. I spent 4 years in the US Army as an Infantryman. I was medically discharged and have since had 2 14" rods and 26 screws inserted in my back (T2-L2 total fusion)...Good days far outweigh the bad!Wink

I look forward to many more case breaks, box breaks and dealings with everyone that shows up here!

Greg
Texas Brave Ranger13
Texas Brave Ranger13

https://s113.photobucket.com/home/gmherps/index

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Greg it's been good getting to know you a little of late. I've never been in the military but I surely want to thank you and any others who have served this country. I know Vets don't always get what they deserve but there are a lot of us out here who truly appreciate your sacrifices. Glad to see you still have a good attitude about life despite the troubles you have endured with your back.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dovercards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MisterT Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Hello all. My name is Torrance - AKA MisterT - and I hail from the great State of Virginia (currently anyway). I have been collecting on and off since the late 1970's but really re-engaged in collecting in the late 1990's. I, too, have 3 kids (seems like a theme here). 11yo boy, 9yo boy, 19mo girl. The boys are collectors like me and they love to watch the breaks with me (one collects Red Sox and the other collects Indians). In fact, they have already come to an agreement on the division of my cards should I come to an early demise. I grew up in MA and am mostly a Red Sox collector, although my PC tends to be more player based than team based. I am also a moderately active seller on eBay, but I go by a different name there. I got into breaks last year hoping that it would save me money and reduce the "extra" cards I have around...well, that did not work on either account. For what it is worth, I consider myself a baseball fan who happens to favor the Red Sox, as opposed to a Red Sox fan, so I will be happy to talk baseball and collecting regardless of the team or topic. Quick professional background...1992 grad from Georgetown University...went into technology consulting...went back to school for an MBA from the University of Virginia (class of 1997)...went back to technology and have been with a small software company since 1999.

I have started scanning some of my collection. I cannot post that link here yet (according to the site anyway) but will when I can. It says there is a 7 day waiting period for new members to post a link.

My latest project is that I am starting to build a collection of Clay Buchholz autographs but that is just getting started.

My last main collection was a Red Sox team collection. I have an "almost" complete set of Topps Red Sox cards from 1951-present. That took a loooong time to build.

Anyway, that is enough about me...now, on with the breaks!

MisterT

https://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb337/MisterT01/

Back to top Go down

Personal introductions Empty intro

Post  3lilcraziesdad Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:59 am

Here's my bio. Names Ryan Fogle. Been collecting off and on since the mid 80's. Enjoy collecting more than profiting from the hobby. Always willing to help a fellow collector out through trades/freebies/sales. The guys I collect don't have a lot of high end cards so collecting has been pretty easy for me with one exception. Because of who I do collect (Carr & Anderson) sometimes eBay is my only real source of finds. Many people don't like to dig through common boxes to find cards to trade. Which is a good thing and bad thing. Good because I get great deals when they do but bad because of the lack of interest in these guys.
Born and raised in California. 31 years old. Work in an oil refinery. Shift work isn't the greatest but it feeds the kids. 2 girls and 1 boy is my final count. Just got my son collecting. He pc's Josh Morgan. First pack I bought him he pulled a rc auto of his so I figured why not start there?
Love my family first, cards are just a hobby. But we all gotta have one hobby, right? Thanks for the opportunity to meet new collectors and get involved in some breaks. Hope to help some of you guys out real soon.

3lilcraziesdad

Back to top Go down

Personal introductions Empty Intro

Post  TheDimwit Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:06 am

Hey, just a quick intro. My name is Sam and while I live in Mobile, AL now, I am from Houston, TX. I am an avid Astros fan and collector and my player collection focuses on Nolan Ryan. Joining the board as part of the Chrome giveaway, hopefully I can join in on some of these case breaks!

TheDimwit

http://www.thedailydimwit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mlyons80 Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:00 am

Hey guys here's my intro. My name is Mike and I live in Warsaw, IN. I grew up north of Cincinnati and I am an avid Reds and Bengals fan. I collect from both teams but really just enjoy opening packs and going for those elusive hits. I am 31 and started collecting with my father in the late 80's. I stopped collecting when I went to college and med school, but picked it back up towards the end of my residency. My father and I collect together and it's a fun little bonding thing. I do like to help people with sets so let me know if there are any set needs for anyone out there. Anyways, I look forward to the breaks!!

mlyons80

Back to top Go down

Personal introductions Empty About the one & only MortyBiscuit

Post  mortybiscuit Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:37 am

Hello all. My name is Patrick, Pmorty, Seabiscuit, MortyBiscuit, Primetime...ect.... call me what ever you want, just call me. I got back into rippin wrappers a year and a half ago after seeing my good friend's 2009 A & G collection. Since that....and a lot of money money later, I have a nice little collection going. I classify myself as "Chromey Prospector". I never had a hobby before card collecting and selling, but I'm glad I choose this as my hobby. I love baseball (GO RAYS) and cards give me a chance to make some money or at least break even.
mortybiscuit
mortybiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum