Erik's SportsCards of Dover
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your most prized card?

+3
Texas Brave Ranger13
mortybiscuit
Admin
7 posters

Go down

What is your most prized card? Empty What is your most prized card?

Post  Admin Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:49 pm

Just curious what everyone's favorite card is in their collection? Doesn't have to be the most valuable...just the one that means the most. Why?

Mine is actually one that I picked up for less than $10. It's a 1/1 Printing Plate of Larry Fitzgerald. I'm a graduate of the Pharmacy School at the University of Pittsburgh. So my personal collecting of late has been limited to former Pitt players. Larry Fitzgerald is one of my all-time favorites. Just a class individual with immense talent...a rare combination. I've got rookie cards of Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino and loads of autographs of Lesean McCoy, but Fitz is my favorite.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dovercards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What is your most prized card? Empty My #1 & ##2 Fav Cards

Post  mortybiscuit Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:00 pm

First, I would like to say that I like the setup Erik. Nicely done! Never been part of a message board before, so this should be fun! I look forward to conversing w/ all of you and talking shop. AND to anyone that has not done a Group Break w/ Dover Sportscards before, you picked the right guy to do them with. My first Break, EVER, was with Dover Cards. It was a case of 2011 Bowman Platinum. I had so much fun!! After that one break, even though I didn't get any BIG HITS, I was hooked. Since then, I have bought in to several more. Erik shows every card, even the base, and he's shipments are well packaged and quickly mailed. You couldn't ask for a Better sports card dealer to deal with.
Now to the GOOD stuff: My Fav. / best cards I have, would be (in decending order) #1- 2010 Bowman Chrome Hak-Ju Lee Orange Refractor - BGS Graded 9 (I have it up for sale, but at such a high price, that the purchaser would have to be a bigger fan of Lee than me) #2- 2010 Bowman Chrome DD&P Gary (Fastest White Man Alive) Brown Blue Refractor Auto - BGS Graded 9.5 w/ 10 Auto & #3- (The Man From Hell, Himself) 2011 Bowman Chrome Jeremy (HELL-BOY) Hellickson Blue Refractor Auto - BGS 9.5 w/ 10 Auto. I Like him soooo much that I have 3 of them, all BGS 9.5. Hell-boy, Lee, & Brown are going to be very special players & I plan on making much money w/ them. I bought in on all of them low, so my profit margine will be extreamly HIGH when they BLOW UP!!
That's what I got to offer right now. So thanks again to Erik, for setting all of this up. Look forward to dealing w/ you all.
[img]What is your most prized card? Img31013[/img]

Last edited by mortybiscuit on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
mortybiscuit
mortybiscuit

Back to top Go down

What is your most prized card? Empty Re: What is your most prized card?

Post  Admin Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks for the kind words. Hope we get a lot of interaction on the board. It will only serve to make the breaks more enjoyable.

Looking forward to all the upcoming breaks. We are going to get a lot of them in a short time due to Topps constantly changing release dates. Oh well, more cards to open.

I will promise one thing to everyone. You will get a very honest transaction. You will see every card and you will receive every card. I don't keep the base cards that you pay for, only to sell them to someone else. If you get 15 Tim Tebow cards then you get 15 Tim Tebow cards. What you do with them is up to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Texas Brave Ranger13 Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks for the site Erik. I'd like to offer any assistance you need in the future. When this site gets its feet under it, I am sure it will rival other trading sites...

My most prized card? I'd have to say it's a Von Miller printing plate I have. Not sure which one, but one of those.

Greg
Texas Brave Ranger13
Texas Brave Ranger13

https://s113.photobucket.com/home/gmherps/index

Back to top Go down

Post  MisterT Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:32 pm

I always find this question interesting, and I appreciate how you worded it. You did not ask what our most valuable/expensive cards are. That is what most people ask me...and my kids ask me that all the time "how much is this worth?" or say "wow that must be worth a lot" (it usually isn't).

Well, anyone who has been collecting for a while, has cards that are worth something to someone else (hello eBay). But, I read this question as "what is the card you most value in your collection?" Which, frankly, makes this harder to answer. For me, it is the 2005 Topps Reverse the Curse cards that celebrated the Red Sox victory in the 2004 WS. I have a "rainbow" of these cards (as much as you can make a rainbow from a Topps main series product) from Opening Day cards up through gold, black and a printing plate and whenever someone really wants to see my cards, I pull those out. Given the absurd amount of emotion I have spent on that team, those have to be the most personally significant cards in my PC. BTW, don't ask what they are worth...they are not for sale.

MisterT

https://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb337/MisterT01/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:06 am

Yeah, the what's your most valuable card isn't really important to me. For many it is. Don't get me wrong I love to pull big time hits (to get my money back), but what drives me to collect is hitting a card that means something to me. Like I said, I am a die-hard University of Pittsburgh fan. If they EVER get back to being a national contender like they were back in the 70's and early 80's (right before I got there) and there was either a set or sub set of cards celebrating a National Championship you better believe I'd be all over those. By the way, I get the same question from my kids all the time about how much is something worth.

I also am a long time suffering New York Mets and New York Jets fan. Too young to remember the championships of 1969 but old enough to suffer being a fan for about 37 years now and only having one championship between the two that I can actually remember. I did go through a time period when I was also a big time Rams fan and I was thrilled to see them win a Super Bowl. So I guess I have two championships in my lifetime for my favorite teams.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is your most prized card? Empty most prized card. hmm..

Post  3lilcraziesdad Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:45 am

Well I'll keep it short, its a 1992 Leaf Tony Glynn in person auto. He did a signing at of all places a recycling center here in my hometown some years back. He was very nice and signed anything and everything you had. There was no limit to how many items (mine just a card and ball for my collection). Not to mention he was outside the smelly recycle center in upwards of 100 degree temps but maintained a great attitude.

3lilcraziesdad

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:04 pm

3lilcraziesdad wrote:Well I'll keep it short, its a 1992 Leaf Tony Glynn in person auto. He did a signing at of all places a recycling center here in my hometown some years back. He was very nice and signed anything and everything you had. There was no limit to how many items (mine just a card and ball for my collection). Not to mention he was outside the smelly recycle center in upwards of 100 degree temps but maintained a great attitude.

Always one of my favorite players. Just seemed like a class act. Glad to see he lived up to the image I had of him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is your most prized card? Empty Most Prized Card? Where to start?

Post  whoppdogg Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:25 pm

I would have to say my most prized card is a 2003 UD Tiger Woods Auto that I pulled out of a box of 03 UD Golf. I bought the box on Ebay for $35 and the first pack I ripped opened, there it was good ole Eldrich Woods signature staring at me. I am also proud of my Reds collection of autos and memorabilia. I could just keep going on and on with cards that I consider prized, but it would take me all night.
P.S.
Thanks for starting this forum. I have enjoyed it already and can't wait to see whats to come!

whoppdogg

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelCity7 Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:37 am

I am new to collecting, and in my first pack I pulled a Cam Newton auto from topps prime /25!!! I was very excited

SteelCity7

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:06 pm

SteelCity7 wrote:I am new to collecting, and in my first pack I pulled a Cam Newton auto from topps prime /25!!! I was very excited

Super hit! Those type of hit's don't come frequently. Enjoy it! It is hits like that though that keep most of us coming back for more and more.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelCity7 Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:09 pm

^ absolutely. The rush of a big hit never hurts

SteelCity7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum